Lyon is among the best metropolitan areas in France that you must visit. The town is 3rd largest within France. It is the funds of Rhone-Alps region. The city is known for its historical and cultural heritage. Some of its buildings and museums have been indexed by world history site listing of UNESCO.
Some of the best places to visit and explore in Lyon are:
1. St. Jean Cathedral: This cathedral is dedicated in order to St. John and St. Stephen. It was constructed during 12th and the Thirteenth century. The earliest parts of the church have finally been shut for prayers and are stored for the public display.
2 Renaissance Courtyards: These are the beautiful courtyards that were constructed during the time of renaissance within the Roman style of structures.
3. Theatres Romains de Fourviere: This is actually the oldest theater in France and it was started in Eleventh century AD. There is a great regard and value for it amongst the nearby inhabitants.
4. Parc de la Tete: This is a popular park that is made in the actual English style of architecture. The park was built throughout the 19th century and is one of the biggest and many beautiful urban parks associated with France. It is a good way for family outings and other outdoor recreation. The main popular features of the recreation area include a large greenhouse, organic garden and a rose backyard. Recently African Flatlands have also been added where the animals can roam freely.
5. Opera house: This opera house was started in 1826 and it was later reopened within 1993. The area has hosted many opera performances as well as dance exhibits. The cup ceiling from the building would be to watch out for.
6. Aquarium du Great Lyon: This is an additional fascinating attraction. The aquarium is located around the outskirts of the city and has a bit of amusement for almost everybody. There are a number of types of fishes and other aquatic life varieties have been kept here. Many informative classes and slideshows are also organized to teach the masses.
7. Maison de la Dane: It is really an ideal place for the dancing lovers. This particular theater continues to be dedicated to dancing where you can learn various style of dance. There's a museum which is also situated in the actual vicinity of the identical building.
8. La Part Dieu: This is one of the largest retail center in France. The mall has got the presence of almost all the major brands on the planet. But steer clear of this place every sunday as it can get crowded.
Lyon is one of the best places in France to see and discover restaurants à Lyon. Eurostar is one of the best means to reach Paris and then you can take possibly TGV train or bus to Lyon.
Lyon, the cooking capital of France, which is the third largest town and second biggest metropolitan area in France. This particular city is famous for its tradition and 2000 year-old history. This city was founded by the Roman empire and a history city as recognized by UNESCO. This excellent city is situated between Paris and Marseille and 470 km from Paris. You can reach there from Geneva that is just 170 km aside. It is situated in East associated with France between 2 rivers named as Rhone as well as Saone. The people living there are known as Lyonnais. It has a 'semi continental' climate and weather conditions are nice to go to in the 30 days of September and Oct.